Provide transportation for guest artists to and from the airport, and from hotel to rehearsals and concerts. Volunteer Drivers must have a good driving history and a clean vehicle in excellent condition. Volunteers must also meet minimum insurance requirements.
VSO Boutique/Guest Artist Sales
Actively support sales, assist patrons, and work the Square registers at concerts of both Boutique items and guest artist merchandise. Boutique volunteers sell merchandise before the concerts and during intermission. Volunteers receive a free ticket to the concert.
Education/Young People’s Concerts
Assist with youth and student programs and concerts. This includes ushering students to their seats, help maintain quiet during YPCs, assist with questions and instruction.
Help patrons find their seats, pass out program books, and assist with any questions at the concerts. Training is required for all new volunteer ushers.
Provide essential office support to the VSO staff during regular office hours, Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm. Duties include assisting with mailing projects and helping with other clerical functions.
All volunteers are expected to understand and support the purpose, structure and policies of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra, the venues, and the volunteer program. All volunteers will:
- Work cooperatively with VSO staff
- Positively represent the VSO as community ambassadors
- Perform assignments and responsibilities willingly and courteously
- Respect confidentially of sensitive and proprietary information
- Attend training sessions when necessary
- Free tickets to concerts that you work
- Opportunities to meet and interact with VSO musicians, conductors, and guest artists
- 10 % discount on tickets purchased